Monday, March 3, 2008

Crochet Critter

I found a great pattern and actually tried it before telling you all I was going to do it. Unfortunately the tunic didn't turn out so great, although in time I will take another shot at it. Well I have been working on more clutch purses. I also sewed a pink skirt purse just like my mom's. And I even went the extra mile to do decorative stitches on the handle. (pics below) I also found a great and easy pattern for crocheted slippers . They are adorable. The pattern was for Mary Jane slippers but I changed the way I made mine so they're ballerina slippers. The pattern didn't tell what size it was for. So the first pair I made was a pink pair for my sister because the part of the shoe where your toes go was a little tight. For my size I did 7 sc in the chain 1 space and I made the flap that comes over your foot 3 1/2 inches and the whole shoe was 8 1/2 inches. (this is the crochet language so if you don't crochet don't worry about it). I also made a larger pink pair for me and a black pair for my mom.

Skirt purse

Skirt purse handle


Sister's slipper


sister's slipper tied one way

sister's slipper tied another way

mom's slipper

my slipper

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The slippers are really so cute.

Colabear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh, those slippers are ADORABLE! congratulations on a job well done! :)

Mindy said...

These are so cute! I am going to have to learn to crochet or knit. Nice job on your blog, I'll be a regular reader!