Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Masterpiece Theater

Okay I am just asking so I can verify with you all and make sure I'm not mistaking. Isn't ETV suppose to be a young child's educational channel?

Well I thought so too until I started watching "Masterpiece Theater" two weeks ago. This series comes on every Sunday at 9p.m. It's mini shows that act out the different books by Jane Austen.

In my opinion they do a great job. They only part I was very disappointed about the first time I watched it was the amount of romance there was. I admit I had to turn the channel a good number of times.

If you look past that the shows are great. I still watch them although I record them on our DVR first so I have the option of fast-forwarding past inappropiate parts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah ~ I grew up watching PBS and Masterpiece Theatre. Allistar Cooke. Wow. I recall alot of content being 'over my head' at my younger years . . .but the refinement of English literature seeped through the screen into my being. It impacted me, a farm girl, playing out in the sun and wind, with the scent of warm horses about her.

Yes. MT is worth the watch. I'm delighted you are doing so! :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.