Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Kind of Woman I Wish To Be

For exam week it wasn't exactly anything I thought it would be. It was kinda like a regular school week. My mom gave me a list that listed each subject and the things I was required to do. One of the subjects was marked Bible. Under that listing I am required to describe the kind of woman I wish to be. This is what I came up with:
It is hard to describe what kind of woman I wish to be. There are things I want to do, and there are things God has already set for me to do as a woman. I am already set that I want to get married whenever I meet the right person. By meeting the right person I mean a guy that hopefully my parents would approve of. A guy that has a plan for his life, and mainly a guy that is a son of God and is not afraid to show it.

As a woman another thing I want to do is attend and finish college. I would like to take up acting or being a lawyer. Although I feel God has something destined for me working with children, such as teaching or being a mentor. Which I have no problem with, I already work with kids on a regular basis.

My mind is not set on the whole homemaker thing. Although I think whichever woman out there who are homemakers or have decided to be homemakers, that's great! I do want to be a mother though. I want many kids. I want to participate in adopting kids also. I think it's good to have your own children but there are also so many other kids out there who's parents have abandoned them.

Mainly I want to be a wonderful wife. I want to be a woman whom God would look down and smile upon. I want to be a woman who is there for her family and a woman God has set for me to be.

2 comments:

Kelsa said...

What wonderful ambitions! Keep following God's will and He will make wonderful things come of your life!

Unknown said...

Yes, Proverbs 31 reveals to us that a Godly woman is a treasure! She deals in real estate, she sews, she takes her merchandise to the marketplace, she has household help, she is known in the city as a woman of excellence . . .yes, dream big, and accomplish a host of things in your lifetime. It will be a wonderful journey! :)