Tuesday, November 13, 2007

ILLUSION #2

Find the Missing People





The General's Family
There are 9 people in this picture, called The Generals Family, which is a work by the Mexican artist Octavio Ocampo. There are nine different faces in this picture combining to make up the face of the General and to tell the story and the secrets of his life. Although perceived as a distinguished gentleman of solid stock, the images of his past betray his emergence from a peasant family and his impoverished beginnings. We see his mother and father, his wife and other members of his family, even his dog (masquerading as his hand) and as you study the painting you see behind the facade and read the story of a remarkable life.

For anyone that wants to find out more about the work of Ocampo, here is a UK site

3 comments:

The Proverbs Wife said...

I could only find six.

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Colagirl! I like picture riddles like this....but maybe I'm not very good at them, as I could find only 6 faces- seven if you count the dog. I'll keep trying, though!

sincerely,
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Oops! I called you Colagirl, didn't I? Sorry!

Brenda